ESTRELA MUSIC SUMMER CAMP
August 19th to 26th, 2023
Experiment, play, live and learn with young musicians from all over the world, led by a team of renowned teachers, under the artistic direction of Maestro Osvaldo Ferreira.
During this week, you will grow as a musician and an artist, participating and attending unforgettable summer concerts.
All the artistic education you need as a musician.
All the fun you need as a youngster.
In the beautiful city of Guarda!
Registration is Open Now
Young people aged 12 years or older, with at least three years of instrumental practice (wind, strings or percussion).
It’s no longer possible to fill out and submit the registration form, as the registrations are now closed.
After the candidate submits the application form and makes the payment, the organization will email each one confirming their registration.
The payment must be made by bank transfer to the following bank account, stating the name of the student(s) it refers to:
Entity: Acordarte – A. P. d E. C e Art
IBAN: PT50 0018 000344509636020 45
Please send the proof of payment to email@example.com, including the necessary data for issuing the receipt (Name, Address and Taxpayer Number).
- Early bird fee: €200 (until May 15th)
- Standard fee: 250€ (includes training, accommodation, food, insurance, recreational activities, and monitoring by monitors).
- The recreational activities will consist of a trip to the river beach, the municipal swimming pool, games, and attending concerts.
- In the case of siblings, the first one pays the normal registration fee and the following ones have a 50% discount.
- The accommodation has beds with sheets, blankets and towels. Participants will be free to bring towels if they wish.
- Students at the São José da Guarda Conservatory of Music and those residing in Guarda who do not need overnight accommodation or breakfast will be exempt from paying the tuition fee.
The schedule will be announced soon and includes individual study time, suit rehearsals, symphonic rehearsals, recreational activities, and even the possibility of attending concerts at night.
On the 19th of August, the arrival can occur from 11h00 to 12h30. The meeting point is at the residence located on Av. Alexandre Herculano, directly across the avenue from the Youth Hostel (Guarda). Here is the link to Google Maps.
Starting from Monday (August, 21st), classes will take place at Afonso de Albuquerque Secondary School located at Av. Dr. Afonso Costa 14, 6300-551 Guarda. On the 19th and 20th, classes will be held at the S. José da Guarda Music Conservatory.
The event will end on the 26th of August in the evening, around 22h30, with the orchestra’s final concert. Participants may, if they wish, return home after the show or the next day after breakfast.
Jean Sibelius (1865-1957) – Andante festivo
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) – Clarinet Concerto
Astor Piazolla (1921-1992) – Oblivion
Maestro Osvaldo Ferreira